Do you have trouble loading your camera feed into Google Meet? This may indicate that your camera is faulty or that your device is having technical difficulties. Most of these issues can be resolved, and we will guide you step-by-step.
Meet needs permission to access your camera in your web browser, which is the most common cause of broken camera functionality. However, it is important to note that there are also other reasons.
Verify the Connection Between Your Camera and Your Computer
If you can’t see the feed from your camera on your computer, ensure you have properly plugged it in. Your computer will not transfer the feed data if there is a loose connection.
This can be fixed by unplugging the camera and reconnecting it to your computer.
To Fix the Google Meet Camera Not Working, Restart Your Devices.
Sometimes a minor glitch on your mobile phone or desktop can cause your camera not to work in apps such as Google Meet. Rebooting can fix most minor problems like these.
Rebooting your device removes temporary files and resolves many problems. Save any files you don’t want to lose before turning your device off.
- Select the Power icon from the Start menu.
- Click to the menu and select Restart
- To open the power menu, hold down the Power button.
- Click on Restart.
- Press and hold down either Volume Up + Side or Volume Down + Side until you see a slider on your screen.
- Drag the slider to turn off your phone.
- You can turn your phone back on by pressing and holding the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
Activate the Camera on Your Computer
Windows and Mac desktops allow you to disable your webcam. This allows you to protect your privacy. However, a disabled camera may cause your Google Meet camera feed not to load.
Activate your Camera in your computer’s setting menu to resolve the problem.
- By pressing Windows + I, open Windows Settings.
- Choose Privacy Settings
- Select Camera from the sidebar to the left.
- Click on Change to activate the toggle to the right.
- Allow apps to access your Camera’s option.
- Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences> Security & Privacy > Privacy for your Mac.
- Click the sidebar to the left to select Camera.
- You can enable the option to use the same web browser as Google Meet for meetings.
Allow Google Meet Camera Permission in Your Web Browsers
You can allow websites to access your web browser’s components using your installed browsers, such as Chrome browser. For example, you might have been denied access to the Google Meet website in your web browser. This could cause a camera error on this platform.
This can be fixed by changing the permission of Google Meet to your web browser.you can Also check How To Take A Screenshot On Windows PC or Laptop.
- Launch the Google Meet website in Chrome
- Click the padlock icon next to the address bar.
- Turn on the Camera option.
- To access a meeting, open the Google Meet website.
- Click the camera icon next to the address bar.
- Next to Use the Camera, select Blocked Temporarily.
- Join a meeting by accessing Google Meet
- Select the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Click on the drop-down menu beside Camera, and select Allow.
Google Meet allows you to set a default camera.
Google Meet lets you set a default camera so that all future meetings will use this Camera. It’s worth setting your primary Camera as the default camera in Meet’s settings if you have camera feed issues.
- You can access Google Meet from your web browser.
- Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select Video from the sidebar to the left.
- Click on the Camera drop-down menu to the right, and select a camera you wish to set as default.
Close Other Apps That Use Your Device’s Camera
Multiple apps may be running on your mobile phone or desktop. Unfortunately, these apps all use the Camera of your device simultaneously. This can sometimes cause problems and make it impossible to use your Camera in certain apps, such as Google Meet.
All apps, except Meet, can be closed to fix this. For example, you can close a Windows application by clicking X in its top-right corner. You can close an Android app by pressing the Recents key and swiping it on its card. You can also close an iPhone app by moving up from the bottom of the screen and pausing in the middle.
Google Meet allows you to switch between front and rear cameras.
Google Meet lets you use both your rear and front Camera in meetings. If you are having issues with a particular camera, it is possible to switch it. This should resolve your problem.
For example, you can tap the switch camera icon in your Google Meet app to switch cameras. This will allow the app to use your alternative Camera. You can then switch back to your original Camera to verify it is working.
Windows PC: Update Camera Drivers
Your computer may be using obsolete camera drivers, which could explain why your Camera doesn’t work. However, you can fix many problems caused by outdated drivers by downloading and installing the most recent drivers.
Use the Windows Device Manager utility to find and install required camera drivers automatically.
- Open the Start menu and search for Device Manager. Then, select the tool from the search results.
- Expand Cameras, right-click on your webcam, and select Update driver.
- You can search automatically for drivers by selecting Search Automatically
- Allow Windows to install all available drivers.
- Reboot your computer by selecting Start, Power, and Restart.
Google Meet Camera Problems Fixed by Updating Meet App
Your phone may be running an old version of Google Meet, which could cause you not to be able to use your Camera with Google Meet. Unfortunately, many issues are common with older app versions.
It’s easy to fix this. First, install the Google Meet app to fix bugs on your Android or iPhone.
- Open Google Play Store from your phone.
- Google Meet is what you search for.
- Tap Update to update your app.
- Install App Store on iPhone
- Click the Updates tab at the bottom.
- Next to Google Meet, choose Update.
In your Google Meet Meetings, Bring Your Smiley Face Back
Meeting participants will probably be disappointed that they cannot see your face during meetings. However, it doesn’t have to be this way for too long. Follow the steps mentioned above to grant Meet access to your Camera and to fix any other issues. This will allow you to participate in your online meetings once again.